Monday 17 December 2012

Evaluation question 1



EVALUATION 1. 

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

when i compare my final media product with my initial planning and research i can see similarities and influences i have taken from this and used within making a final piece

My research and planning influenced my work in the making of my digipak advert and music video.
For example I did some research and discovered a “Queens of the Stone Age” cd which used a single colour for all 6 panels  which I chose to use for my own as i thought it looked effective and brilliant.

My product constantly uses conventions of real media products such as the barcode the record company logo the web address for my artist and ratings from music magazines. I also used the band members performing in my music video.
I decided not to have a storyline in my music video as i wanted to focus purely on the performance aspect.
I took onboard inspiration by looking at current existing products and real professional work.

I have challenged the convention of having the artists name and album name on my digipak front cover, this is simply because I chose to make this a self-titled album for the first album of my ‘fictitious artist’ and the album does not have a name other than Lucid.

Does my product 'work'?
I feel that my products nicely link up with one another and compliment each other. This is because I have used the same red in my digipak that I used in my advert and the same silhouette image of a cat has been put on both products

In my music video I have used real conventions as well in the use of camera angles shots and movement.
  
The theme/genre i chose for my products was a rock band.
I did some research and looked at various different performance videos by a number of real bands and discovered that “Queens of the Stone Age” album which i received some inspiration from for my own product.





No comments:

Post a Comment